Drinking Water Solutions Make It Easy to Consume More Water
Temperatures are rising with summer trudging ahead. Now more than ever is an opportune time to assess your daily water consumption habits. Are you drinking enough water every day? The benefits of staying properly hydrated are endless.
Reaching your daily goal can easily be achieved with some planning, and convenient drinking water solutions can be installed right in your home for easy access to purified water all day.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Enough Water?
Keeping your body hydrated is one of the easiest, most important things we can do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Consuming the proper amount of water keeps every system in the human body functioning properly. Below are a few reasons you should make it a point to drink enough water.
- Helps to Avoid Dehydration: If you have been outside on a hot summer day for an extended period and felt the great need to drink something, that is your brain initiating the “thirst” mechanism to the rest of your body. This could signal the start of dehydration. Dehydration occurs when your system loses more fluids than it takes in. To fend off dehydration, drink enough water, especially during rigorous activities such as working out or playing a sport.
- Aids in Bowel Movements: Believe it or not, constipation can also be due to a lack of water intake. Without water, the digestive system pulls water from the stool, ultimately leading to constipation.
- Brings Nutrients Through Your Body: The nutrients we get from food are broken down and dissolved in water. Water carries these nutrients and oxygen to our cells, keeping them alive and healthy.
- Keeps you Looking Healthy: We know water is excellent for overall health, but did you know drinking enough can keep you looking younger and healthier? Your skin cells are made up of water, so staying hydrated can keep your skin from drying up and help reduce wrinkles. Your skin's elasticity depends on water circulating throughout your body, so drink up!
Tips and Tricks to Help You Reach Your Goal
We know drinking enough water is crucial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. But what can we do to ensure we are drinking enough water?
- Take advantage of technology and use a fitness tracker or an app to track your progress. This is an easy way to keep track of how many glasses of water you have consumed in a day, which makes reaching your goal even more effortless.
- Bring a gallon jug or water bottle with you for the day. You may find it silly to lug around a large water container initially, but this is a simple way to reach your daily goal. Just fill it up in the morning with some ice and you are good to go!
- Another simple solution is to remember to drink two glasses of water at every meal. When you sit down to have lunch or dinner with the family, you will likely have some beverages with your meal. Why not make that beverage water?
- Try drinking herbal tea before bedtime to help you unwind from the busy day. Not only is it relaxing, but it is also a great way to increase your fluid intake before bed.
These are just a few easy solutions to help you reach your daily water goal. But what if your water quality at home is questionable at best? It’s tough to drink enough water if you don’t like the taste of it. Luckily, WaterCare® has a full line of drinking water solutions for you to choose from.
Purified Water Right from the Tap
If the water circulating through your home is not tasty due to lack of quality, you may consider installing a Reverse Osmosis drinking water solution. Reverse osmosis (RO) is, in many ways, the purest form of drinking water available. Reverse osmosis is a multi-stage water treatment process that pushes water molecules through a semi-permeable membrane. The water then moves from one side of the RO to the other, leaving behind all the contaminants and impurities that cause taste and odor problems. What is left over is purified drinking water.
These RO drinking water solutions are so convenient because they can be installed right under your kitchen sink. This lets you have long-term pure, fresh drinking water from the tap. The WaterCare UltroWater® RO drinking water system is an excellent option if you are looking for an easy way to increase your daily water consumption at home. The UltroWater RO system is NSF/ANSI Standard 58 certified, so it is proven to reduce the harshest contaminants like arsenic, lead, and copper.
If you are looking to up your daily water intake and want purified drinking water right at home, contact your local WaterCare dealer today. They will happily come out to you, perform a water test, and offer a customized solution to your home’s needs.